At Eunoia Rescue, we rely entirely on foster families to help us in our mission to save lives. We do not have a facility to house our dogs, and every dog that comes into Eunoia Rescue stays in a foster home until they are adopted. Fostering is not only a crucial part of rescue, it is one of the most rewarding experiences.
We are in constant need of foster families! Although having a foster home who can hold onto the dog as long as needed is preferred, we will happily work with fosters who can only commit for a limited amount of time. We always have a wide variety of dogs– different sizes, ages, breeds and personalities — and we are sure we can provide the perfect match for our fosters.
While fostering for us you do not have to spend any of your own money on the foster dog! We will provide any needed supplies, and always cover all of the dogs medical expenses. All we ask from our foster families is that you provide the dog a loving and safe environment in which they can grow and get ready for adoption.
If you are interested in fostering for Eunoia Rescue, please follow the following steps:
- Fill out a foster application below and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and work with matching a current foster that will best fit your environment and needs.
- Next, you will sign a foster contract that holds you responsible for taking care of your foster pet while in your care.
- Then, we will add you to our Eunoia Rescue Foster & Volunteer Facebook Page.
- Last, we will set you up with a time to pick up your foster dog. Upon picking up your foster dog, you will need to have their Eunoia Rescue purple collar, leash & Eunoia Rescue ID tag worn at all times while under your care.
- When introducing your foster pet to any other pets in your home, please do so in a neutral area and with positive reinforcement. Please allow your foster dog to decompress in your home for 3-4 days as they are in a very new environment and often times confused.