At Eunoia Rescue, it is our goal to place animals in forever homes. Because of this, our adoption process is longer than some organizations. When trying to decide on what type of animal you would like, please keep all animals in mind. Many of the creatures in these shelters are older in age, not pure bred, and have broken souls. In this case, extra patience may be required; but it will be well worth it. In order to be considered for adoption, please follow the following steps:
- Fill out an adoption application below and e-mail it to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We will process this as fast as possible, but please note that it may take up to 5 business days.
- Once approved, we will schedule a meet and greet with dogs that may be a good fit for you. All of our animals are in foster homes, so the meeting will be dependent upon the availability of the foster.
- If the meeting goes well, a second meet & greet with any animals you may have in your home + a home check with the foster parent will be scheduled.
- Next, you will sign a foster contract to allow a trial period.
- After everyone has been introduced properly, and a foster contract has been signed, you may choose to begin a trial period in your home. This is a 1-2 week time to allow the family and animal to get to know each other well, and to ensure everything is a perfect match. Please give your dog 3-4 days to decompress in your new home, before making a decision. You must keep the Eunoia Rescue collar and Eunoia Rescue ID Tag on the dog at all times during the trial period.
- In order to finalize the adoption, the adoption fee must be paid and the contract must be signed. You will be required to return all Eunoia belongings such as: collar, tag, leash, crate, etc that you borrowed during your trial.
- Please join our Eunoia Alumni Facebook Page to keep up to date on all of our upcoming events & news!
- Finally, you must provide documentation that you took your new Eunoia Pup to your primary veterinarian for a check up during the first (TWO WEEKS) and provide documentation to your adoption coordinator.
NOTE: We do not allow our puppies to have trial periods. In order to adopt a puppy, a contract and payment must be signed before the handoff. You cannot reserve your puppy without a signed contract & adoption fee. You will not be able to pick up your puppy until they are spayed / neutered & microchipped.
Due to the high volume of vet bills, food, supplies and extra expenses needed to keep our rescue afloat, all adoption fees are 100% nonrefundable.
Adoption fees start at $225.00 and include: spay / neuter, microchip, up to date on age appropriate shots and a status of heart worm negative!
Eunoia Rescue may deny any applicant for any reason. Eunoia Rescue posses the right of repossession of ownership of our animals at any time following adoption. Failure to provide adequate care and attention of the adopted animal is grounds for repossession. This includes, but is not limited to: keeping the adopted animal outside for extended periods of time; failure to provide proper vetting including vaccines, preventatives, and routine care; the animal testing Heartworm positive, etc.